Painting by Rudolf Franz Hartogh

Rudolf Franz
Hartogh

He was borne in Hamburg in 1889 and passed away in Fischerhude in 1960.

He was student with Lovis Corinth in Berlin, and with Max Thedy and Hans Olde in Weimar and in Kassel.
Since 1911, he lived in Fischerhude.
In 1942, he got a ban on painting and in 1944, he was placed in the KZ-Theresienstadt. In 1945, he was freed by American troops.
In 1953, he returned to Fischerhude.
Besides of painting, he did great service for the village Fischerhude as local historian.
next paintingprevious paintingto other artists