|The artists village Fischerhude is sited in the Wuemme lowlands, east of the city of Bremen, at an edge of Teufelsmoor, and first crossing point to the upper Zeven Geest, surrounded by watercourses and drains, framing blooming meadows and fertile fields.|
||The place was already mentioned documentarily in the year 1124 and was called Widagheshude; there was a landing stage and protected place for the movement of goods.
After settling of more farmers, the village was renamed in Fischerhude.
The fish fortune of the Wuemme river and best pastures and productive hay harvests in addition became basics of prosperity of its farmers.
|By using river arms and water drains, the farms were connected among one another and with their farming areas. Accordingly that time, persons and goods of every kind were shipped on small flat wooden boats, even all the way to the city of Bremen.|